Wednesday 12 October 2016

TEAM 2 HAVE THEIR FIRST MEETING



Lorna: I have always wanted to go and work for a charity. I have been to Kenya and I gave out food whilst I was there. The experience filled me with happiness. I am bringing in my dream of having a gap year in this one week of volunteering for Ocean Stars. I also want to increase awareness in the UK of the work Ocean Stars does in Sri Lanka.
Reanne: When I heard about the trip to Sri Lanka I knew I wanted to be part of the team. I have always wanted to give to others. I feel that we can change how people feel. My wants are their needs.
Amy: I heard about the trip from my friend Sophie and I wanted to be part of it. I am training to be a teacher.
Sophie Sowden: I have known Amali and the family for a long time yet in never has seemed the right time to go to SL. I went with the team to SL in 2015 and I felt warm inside. It is a beautiful country. People are so friendly. We walked along way in rain and floods. Coming back on the plane I knew I wanted to return.
Howard: I have been retired for 8 years. At the moment I am coaching children in a Junior School. I enjoy working with children. I have 3 children and 4 grand children. I spent my working life up in London and I hope I can make a difference. My friends Jill and Mike went on the trip last year and they told me they had a fantastic time. So I have taken the plunge. I am hoping I can make a difference to the disadvantaged communities Ocean Stars works with. I am looking forward to being part of the team.
Sandra: This is Take 2 for me and I am very excited. I had an amazing experience. The people so appreciate what we do. Whatever happens happens.

Sophie: I have raised money for Ocean Stars for a long time. I think it will be a great experience to see the work you do. I want to be part of the children’s lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment