Wednesday 12 October 2016

Howard Robinson fund raisers for Ocean Stars

Howard Robinson fund raisers for Ocean Stars



In October this year I will be travelling with a team from Fleet, Hampshire (together with students and teachers from Calthorpe Park School) to work at various locations in Sri Lanka on behalf of a charity called Ocean Stars Trust (Registered Charity 1110022). Ocean Stars was set up in 2005 as a response to the tsunami which took the lives of 30,000 people in Sri Lanka alone and left thousands of men,women and children suffering and traumatised. Today Ocean Stars offers these communities a route out of poverty by supporting a range of educational and livelihood projects. I will be in Sri Lanka with my colleagues for about 10 days helping to contribute and build on the good work that has so far been achieved.
I have been fortunate in gaining a ballot entry to this year's Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100 mile charity bike ride on Sunday 31st July 2016, and would like to use this opportunity to raise money for the Ocean Stars Trust. I should stress that any money I raise goes directly to the good work that the charity does, and that I am paying for all my own expenses including flights and accommodation etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment